Friday, July 31, 2015

My children's vacation!

Over the past 10 days, my boys and their cousin have been staying with my in-laws in Bandera. This was the first time that my in laws have kept them for more than two days and the longest time they have been away from us. 

I must say, it was rough the first few days getting used to the quiet, the cleanliness, the ability to do my own thing! But I really did miss them. 

Every few days I would get a text from my mother in law with a few pictures and a quick update. They seemed to have a blast. 


My in laws have 20 acres out in Bandera so the kids can go crazy. They were able to go hiking and look for Texas Heart Clams...







they roasted marshmallows in their fire pit...





they went to the water park, had a picnic, and floated in the river...





they visited an apple orchard and restaurant...




They came home last night and I feel whole again. Some day soon, they will move away and I will have to change up my life to start a new normal. But today, my kids are home and all is right in the world!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment