Saturday, April 18, 2015

This week's madness

In nursing school, this week has been our makeup week. We only had class one day, on Tuesday, and had a big cardiovascular Med-Surg exam that I totally rocked, and a ATI proctored Mental Health exam that I barely rocked. The ATI exam is required to pass the class and it is based on national average scores. Students are scored given a level from 0-3. It is supposed to be an indicator of how well you will do on the NCLEX licensure exam for that subject matter. Well, in order for credit, you must score a Level 2 and thank the Lord, I got a level 2!!!! I must admit, it was challenging, but I am so glad it is over. 

We didn't have simulation lab or clinical this week, unless the student had missed one and needed a make up. I am so thankful that I didn't need any makeups!

This was also week #3 of taking a supplement called TruVision. With school, I am super exhausted, and cannot change one thing about how I am doing things. I don't want nor do I have time to exercise on a regular basis. I don't have the time or energy to plan out meals, count calories or points, deprive myself of entire food categories, or spend extra time cooking. A friend of mine had talked about starting TruVision and had lost some weight and felt more energized. 

Um, I need that. 

I told her that I was just running myself ragged in nursing school, had gained almost 15 pounds stress eating, and was just so so tired. I need something to help get me through. So, I decided to try it. I told her I would give it a full 60 days to see how things were going. 

Y'all, I feel so much better. By the 3rd day taking the True Weight and Energy and True Fix, I felt so well rested. I wasn't having that cracked out, stimulant, heart palpitation feeling that other pills give me. I am very sensitive to these kinds of things. Having tried almost everything else and not being able to take them, I wasn't all that confident that this could help me. Now, I don't feel like I want to start running or cleaning my house or anything like that, but by the middle of the afternoon, I feel like I have taken a nice nap. I'm not yawning and dying by 3pm. I'm sleeping beautifully and falling asleep around 11pm and waking between 4:45 and 5:45 depending on school. 

The best part is that I don't crave the food like I always do. I love food. I love to plan my day around food. My husband and I are big time foodies. And when I am on a diet, I get super cranky, angry, and just feel deprived when I go out to dinner and "can't have" something that I want. Here's the coolest part....nothing sounds really good to me. For me to say, "Gee, it's lunch time. I need to eat. Nothing really sounds great. No, Josh, don't bring me anything home from Sonic." What?! Um, tots are LIFE. And I haven't wanted to eat one! I happily turned down donuts and cake at the hospital the other day and free pizza after Tuesday's exam. 

PIZZA RULES. I just don't want it. And I am so happy with it. 

So, it's been three weeks, I feel really good, and I have lost 7 pounds. It's not much, but it's a move in the right direction and that's all I care about. I haven't changed anything. No exercise, still drink 2 or 3 sodas a week, eat whatever I feel like, and when I get full, I stop eating. How amazing is that? If this continues to work for me, I am going to continue to use it. 

That's what has been going on in my world. Two more weeks of school. 10 official school days. Finals are May 5th! Two more weeks and my first year of nursing school is behind me! Senior year, here I come!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment