Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Adventures in Key West, Florida: Day 3

Key West. The Florida Keys.

I have heard so many amazing things about the Keys. It took me until I was 34 years old to finally get there. I must say, it is all that I have heard about.



My main thing, the one goal I had in mind, was to get a family photo at the southernmost point of the United States. I got it!

First off, the port is lovely.








We ran to get Key Lime Pie on a stick because we heard it was a must. Delicious!

The shops, museums, and just overall vibe of the area is amazing. We walked and walked and walked, and then finally hailed a cab to get us to the southernmost point. WORTH IT!




Jansen really wanted to try coconut water and bought some with his own money he had been saving. He was not impressed.

Dad to the rescue. He drank the rest.

Jansen then bought himself and me a snow cone. We were happy campers walking to the Ernest Hemingway house.













I mean, it was very cool to be in his home, see his inspiration, and try to imagine what it was like in his day. But it was super hot, and the kids were not impressed, and the place was covered in cats. Did I mention we are all allergic to cats?

Anyway, we began the long walk back to the pier, taking a few pictures along the way.

Getting back on the boat was a piece of cake. When we are on vacations, we pair up using the buddy system. In Key West, Jansen was my buddy and Caleb was Josh's buddy. Jansen and I ended up getting back on the boat first, since Josh and Caleb wanted to do a bit more walking around.

Once back on the boat, Jansen and I sat on our balcony watching all the parasailers, boaters, and jet skiers. We even got to see a pirate ship come perilously close to the Magic. :)

 
 
The evening ended with more eating, gambling, kids' clubbing, and followed with snoring. It was a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment