Friday, April 11, 2014

Post op doctor visit

Monday, I woke up feeling great. My swelling had gone down quite a bit and I was ready to drive myself to Houston for my follow up appointment. 

Now, by the time I got to Houston, an hour away, I was beginning to feel uncomfortable. I was, after all, only 13 days out from surgery and this was my first real outing. I was there almost 2 hours and got a pretty good report. 

She went over the pathology report which included: small fibroids, adenomyosis, endometriosis, adhesions, and finished with the removal of my uterus, cervix, and fallopian tubes. She assured me that, in the case of the adenomyosis, nothing they could have done short of the surgery would have helped me. I felt really validated! I am to be taking it easy for the next two weeks and I go back on May 6th for the final follow up. If everything looks good at that time, then I am cleared to resume all my normal activities. 

As of now, I am still unable to take a bath, exercise, lift anything heavier than 10 pounds, or sweep, mop, or vacuum. I REALLY want to take a bath!!! 

Today is day 17. I have some remaining aches, occasional sharp twinges, and a bit of cramping. In the morning I feel the best and as the day rolls on I get more tired and swelly. I am taking a nap every day and am still in bed before 9pm. I am not really going out places unless I have to, mainly because I want to make sure I don't over do it. I have done too much a few days and I pay for it dearly. 

Going to feel better soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment